Sunday, July 23, 2017

Creating ISO images from a folder in OSX – Matt Berther

Creating ISO images from a folder in OSX – Matt Berther



Yet one other thing I love about OSX is that .iso is a first-class citizen. I'm able to mount/burn iso files without installing any other software (yes, I'm looking at you Windows).
Recently, I had a group of files and folders that I have been transporting around. I had been looking for a way to group these into an ISO so 1) they'd be easier to transport and 2) I could burn them to a CD easier. What I did not know was that with the hdiutil terminal app, I am also able to create an ISO of a folder in OSX without any additional tools.
The syntax is pretty simple:
hdiutil makehybrid -o ~/Desktop/image.iso ~/path/to/folder/to/be/converted -iso -joliet
Mission accomplished.

No comments: